MANPOWER Luxembourg SA is recruiting for one of its clients:
General Ledger Accountant
As General Ledger Accountant, you will work under US GAAP guidelines and be responsible for several entities (local markets, internal Europe department as well as the Headquarters located in the USA), you will be in charge of:
• Monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to the Headquarters;
• identifying, rectifying and ensuring good follow-up on errors and their causes while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters;
• Handling general ledger inquiries from other departments, NY Controllers and the Market;
• Working with Corporate Audit and KPMG for all audit related issues; providing audit information on a timely basis;
• Developing effective working relationships with key stakeholders;
• Performing/Reviewing monthly reconciliations;
• Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
You will also oversee:
• Trial Balance submissions;
• Detailed analytical review of data;
• Accounting issues and tasks that arise from the monthly reporting;
• Reviewing and monitoring of activities;
• Compliance with internal controls;
• Additional operations such as: Acquisitions/Divestures, Distributions, Statutory reporting.
• You have a Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
• You have minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in Accounting. Experience in financial reporting in a shared service environment will be considered as an asset.
• Fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
• You are computer literate and have a strong knowledge of Excel and Word. Knowledge of SAP would be considered as a strong asset.
• You have strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills
• You are able to multi-task and prioritise efficiently
• Ability to work on own initiative and to be highly disciplined
• Knowledge of US & LUX GAAPs
• Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
Interested in joining a company that assists you in your personal development?
If so, it's your chance! Apply now!