Manpower is recruiting for one of its clients in Luxembourg, a European Institution:
(Senior) Administrative Assistant (M/W/X)
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the Governing Bodies Unit ("GBU") as well as to implement key processes/workflows in the execution of secretariat activities for the statutory bodies of the organization. The Unit assists these bodies and their members in fulfilling their corporate role, thereby contributing to the achievement of organization's objectives. As part of the General Secretariat, the GBU further supports the Secretary General in policy, strategic, procedural and governance affairs, coming under the Secretary's remit.
The (Senior) Administrative Assistant will report to the Head of Unit and support all the members of the GBU team, as well as working in close cooperation with other colleagues in the General Secretariat, the Chief Executive Office and across internal services, particularly the Front Offices.
• Provide secretarial and administrative support in order to contribute to the effective day-to-day operation of the Unit. In particular, but not exclusively, this entails the following responsibilities:
• Serve as primary point of contact for the Unit (with internal services and externally), including on confidential subjects;
• Actively assist in the logistical and administrative preparation and planning of internal and external meetings, including the Annual General Meeting and meetings of the Board of Directors and Audit Board, as well as other events;
• Assist in the accurate and timely preparation, finalization and distribution of documents, ensuring high quality, appropriate follow-up and respect of deadlines;
• Assist with electronic document management on the portals for the Board of Directors and the Audit Board;
• Assist in the monitoring and preparation of supporting documentation and presentations for meetings of the governing bodies;
• Draft correspondence, manage contacts database and functional inboxes, including prioritization and allocation of actions as appropriate;
• Ensure effective and accurate electronic and paper filing, update internal databases and assist members of the team in researching information;
• Work closely with other assistants in order to facilitate the timely implementation of tasks and to ensure that internal procedures and deadlines are respected;
• Provide back-up as necessary to certain other assistants in the General Secretariat.
• Certified secondary-level education, professional certificates or tertiary education would be an advantage;
• At least three (3) years relevant professional experience, preferably in a corporate governance environment, in the banking or financial sector;
• Excellent knowledge of standard IT tools is required;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Developed sense of responsibility and commitment to deliver with accuracy and rigour;
• Developed sense of discretion and confidentiality;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Genuine interest in understanding and working within governance frameworks.