MANPOWER Luxembourg SA is recruiting for one of his clients:
Compliance Officer (m/w/x)
Assisting the Regulations Management function on a global regulatory inventory programme. The aim of the programme is to implement a strategic Regulatory Inventory solution for globally. As part of the project team, this individual will be responsible for:
• CPB Regulatory Inventory: Assisting the Private Bank Compliance Officer with identification, analysis, drafting and logging of applicable Luxembourg regulations. Coordination with the business and other support tasks are foreseen.
• Regulatory Inventory management: Ensuring prompt identification, logging in, evaluation and formulation of a plan to address requirements arising from new and amended laws, regulations, rules and other requirements and expectations from regulatory and enforcement authorities.
• Change Management and Controls: Ensuring that the regulatory change Regulatory management requirements and processes, along with the regulatory control framework for existing requirements, are effectively operating within the country with respect to the identification, impact assessment and implementation of all applicable laws, regulations, rules and related processes, controls and reporting that impact activities in the jurisdiction.
• Independent Compliance Risk Management (Program and Product/Service/Function focused): Providing support to the ICRM teams in the country related to local requirements and the applicable extraterritorial laws, regulations, relevant policies, standards, and global procedures to deliver consistent application of program procedures consistent with the ICRM methodology and CRM Framework.
• Risk Mitigation and Issue Remediation: supporting the escalation and monitoring processes to ensure timely and effective remediation to mitigate the Compliance Risk per ICRM Methodology and applicable policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Relevant experience in Regulatory Change Management.
• Knowledge and experience of Luxembourg retail regulations, Private banking background is a must
• Strong Analytical skills and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Risk and Control Self Assessments is an advantage.
• Confident and concise verbal communications skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate with senior management.
• Experience of managing / working on complex projects, with variable stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions and within tight deadlines.
• Professional qualifications may include: CRMC or equivalent, CPA, ACA, CIA, CFA, ACAMS, etc. strong technical knowledge of compliance regulations and requirements, experience within a highly complex, global financial institution, regulator or related industry participant.
• Dynamic, self starter, eager to learn and to take initiatives
• Able to focus on priorities, able to summarize complex matters in a clear and succinct manner
• Strong MS office knowledge including Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative.
• Ability to analyze problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask with capacity to organize and prioritize workload within a complex environment with competing and subtle resource demands.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
• Ability to speak confidently and authoritatively on a range of subjects and influence opinion.
• Strong ability to coordinate and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units.
• Strong Stakeholder and Senior management engagement skills.
• Leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
• Credibility as a subject matter expert on compliance risk governance & oversight, conduct risk topics, risk & control framework and experience of dealing with issues that have a high impact at all levels of the organization.
• Experience of working with key country level regulators and industry associations.
• Knowledge of local regulatory requirements and obligations and the ability to identify emerging compliance issues and themes.
• An ability to be “hands on” and “in the trenches” with the direct team, while also bringing a sense of strategic vision and a global sensibility to the function.
• Ability to navigate and negotiate through conflicting demands to maintain focus on priority objectives while ensuring key stakeholders’ needs are met
• Strong communication, interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading through change and the ability to effectively communicate succinctly to various stakeholder groups.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
• The ability to thrive and execute in a complex, highly matrixed, global environment.
• The candidate should be able to work individually and collaboratively with other teammates with the goal of meeting team-wide and senior management expectations.
• The candidate should demonstrate the ability to pro-actively develop the role beyond the parameters set by direct instruction.
• The candidate should be able to work through tight deadlines and be able to respond quickly.
Interested in joining a company that assists you in your personal development?
If so, it's your chance! Apply now!
Only applications meeting the criteria above will be considered and treated confidentially.