Manpower is recruiting for one of its clients in Luxembourg:
Middle Office Officer (M/F/X)
As a Middle Office officer, you’ll join the MO team within the Middle and Back Office division. You will help monitor, check, and process transactions from the 3 Front Offices (Investment, Funding and Lending). You will report to the Head of Middle and Back Office and Portfolio Performance.
• Validate trades logged in financial software before sending them to the Back Office(s) for settlement:
o Check the accuracy of transactions booked by the Front Offices, including collateral movements;
o Ensure limits and internal guidelines are respected;
o Support the organisation of team activities to ensure financial operations are in line with orders or specifications from the Front Offices.
• Manage Murex Data:
o Manage static and market data required for the execution of transactions and collateral movements. This includes, for example, the set-up and maintenance of counterparty, instrument, and calendar data; the assurance of correct prices, curves, and indices; the set-up of limits and lending contracts hierarchy; and the entry and maintenance of CSA static data.
• Perform reporting activities:
o Ensure timely and accurate availability of portfolio valuation information to produce reports for management;
o Report any breach of investment guidelines, operational risk issues, or limit transgressions to the Head of the Middle and Back Office division and Risk team.
• Participate in initiatives such as the implementation of new instruments, tools, and systems to further develop the organisation in line with its annual strategic objectives:
o Assist with the business case definition;
o Define and test requirements;
o Validate the translation of business requirements into IT specifications;
o Work in close collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders to deliver project objectives.
• Contribute to other activities:
o Develop and maintain processes, procedures, and the financial software environment to ensure safe recording and adequate checks on financial operations;
o Monitor operational risks with relevant internal risk staff and collaborate on the identification of risks, definition of adequate control processes, follow-up of incident database, and possible action plans;
o Review lending documentation;
o Automate manual processes and workflows.
• University degree, preferably in finance, banking, or economics
• Good understanding of financial products, including valuation, with an emphasis on fixed income and related derivatives
• Understanding of the operational and regulatory environment of financial markets organisations
• Good understanding of middle office and back office workflows for derivatives and fixed income products
• Experience in using IT systems prevalent in banking and/or trading and/or portfolio management, including position management and order management, in an asset management environment. Experience with Murex is an advantage
• Fluency in English, any other additional language would be an asset
• Ideally a minimum of two years’ professional experience processing financial instruments in a middle office function
• Experience in collateral management would be an advantage
• A professional risk management or investment analyst qualification would be an advantage.
• VBA programming skills would be an advantage
Interested in joining a company that assists you in your personal development?
If so, it's your chance! Apply now!